Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Story of the 4 Bobs*

* All names in all stories have been changed to protect the people who accompany me in my Adventures in Man Land. I would NEVER date 4 men named BOB!

I have 4 Bobs.

Bob #1---He is one of my best friends. I know I can count on him to be completely honest with me about ANYTHING and I ask his opinion frequently. I have known him for 2 years, lusted after him for the same amount of time, and only had sex with him twice. It actually took us almost a year of knowing eachother to actually come out and admit that we're attracted to eachother. Like, I called him and said,

"Would you be offended if I kissed you?"

And we ended up kissing that night. For a really long time. It was wonderful.

I digress.

I love Bob #1 with all my heart, as a friend. We're a pretty good pair, actually, most of the time. I'm sure if I had to live with him I'd want to kill him. After I got done having sex with him. ;-)

He is also married and 12 years my senior.

Bob #2---Was a great guy I was "dating" for a while.
I'm not sure if it can be classified as dating. He took me out to a really nice restaraunt ONCE, was very gentlemanly, and then expected me to come over to his house every single time I got off work and watch TV with him and eventually end up having sex with him (and I worked 8+ hour days then, got home at midnight and had to be up and functioning at 7am the next morning EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE).

Needless to say, having sex without having AT LEAST 2 glasses of wine was out of the question. It makes for a long night. I love sleep.
I deemed him "needy" and stopped answering his phone calls.

He really was a nice guy, though. I regret losing that one some days. If nothing else, he wasn't a bullshitter. He was 7 years my senior.

Bob #3---Loves my dad. He actually shared a part-time job with my dad, didn't realize it was MY dad until they both walked into MY place of employment AT THE SAME TIME to see me (creating the most awkward situation possible for me, really). Then he calls me later and proceeds to gush about what a great guy my dad is.

Turns out he really likes my dad. I'm not really the biggest fan of the guy, so we'll have to see.

I haven't slept with him yet, though. I'd be interested to see how that turns out. He claims that none of the stuff I mentioned would "freak him out" but we're both busy people and we live pretty far away from each other so it just hasn't happened. He is 9 years my senior.

Bob #4---is new. He's a regular at my place of employment and he's just REALLY NICE. His kids are beautiful, he's doing what's right by them (which is a huge turn on for me, dads doing right by their kids, even if it makes their {the dads} life more difficult), he works hard, he's smart, and he's just, well, normal....so far. He is divorced and probably at least 10 years my senior. We haven't determined his age yet.

So there you have it. There really isn't anything interesting to report on Bobs #2 and #3. I don't even speak to Bob2 anymore, and I completely blew off Bob3 to seduce "hot new guy" (which you can read all about in my post V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!) so we'll have to see where we stand when I talk to him next. My guess is that he'll get the hell over it.

No comments: